- This event has passed.
Learn to Ride January Cycling Holiday Programme
January 15 - January 24
Brand New initiative coming to you for only a Gold Coin Donation!
Fun school holiday event for those that haven’t quite mastered riding a bike AND for those who already know how to ride but want to improve their skills.
Programme Dates & Session times
All Learn to Ride AM sessions for those that are unable to ride a bike are as follows:
- Monday 15th January & Monday 22nd January 9am-11am Warkworth Showgrounds
- Tuesday 16th January & Tuesday 23rd January 9am-11am Whenuapai School
- Wednesday 17th January & Wednesday 24th January 9am-11am Onepoto Domain
- Thursday 18th January 9am-11am Whangaparaoa School (one week only here)
All Cycle Skills PM sessions for those that are wanting to improve their skills are as follows:
- Monday 15th January & Monday 22nd January 12pm-3pm Warkworth Showgrounds
- Tuesday 16th January & Tuesday 23rd January 12pm-3pm Whenuapai School
- Wednesday 17th January & Wednesday 24th January 12pm-3pm Onepoto Domain
- Thursday 18th January 12pm-3pm Whangaparaoa School (one week only here)
Please read the waiver by clicking the link prior to signing up for the programme.
Who is it for?
These programmes are for ages 5 to 14 – even Mum’s and Dad’s can join in the fun.
What will you learn?
- How to check and prepare your bike and helmet before setting off for a ride
- Riding, braking and cornering confidently and safely
What must I bring along?
- A bicycle in good working order and your helmet (talk to us if you don’t have a bike or helmet and we can see what we can do!)
- Closed in shoes are essential!
How long is the programme and what does it cost?
- It takes around 3hrs – the time slot is based on your experience
- Bring along a Gold Coin to participate
Thank you to our Local Boards for funding these great events!