SUBMISSIONS ARE OPEN!
“Have your say on Councils 10-year Budget 2021-2031” and it’s EXTREMELY IMPORTANT the sports sector ensures their voice is heard. The Sport & Rec sector needs as many submissions as possible to ensure appropriate funding is going towards the sector, a sector that as we know provides so many opportunities and benefits for all.
- WHY submit – To ensure there is funding directed towards Sport & Recreation over the next 10 years. The more submissions, the stronger the voice for the sector.
- WHAT to submit – Harbour Sport, along with Aktive have created a template (attached) for Clubs, RSO’s and organisations to use (copy and paste)
- ENSURE you align your local sport or club issues to the Harbour Sport/Aktive themes, we need to be a collective voice.
- HOW to submit?
- Submit via the button below
- Complete Q1 – Q6 (general questions)
- Complete Q7 – What is important to you – Add comment “Sport & Rec is important to me because…..” OR copy and paste the key submission points below
- WHEN to submit – ASAP! Submissions close March 22nd, 12.00pm.
KEY submission points:
- Continued recognition and use of the Auckland Sports Sector: Facilities Priorities Plan 2017, to guide good decision making
- Continued use of the Sport and Recreation Strategic Action Plan (SARSAP), to ensure the plan is continued
- Recognise the economic, social and community value of the Sport and Recreation Sector
- Recognise the impact Covid 19 has had on our sector
- Retain the Sport and Recreation Facilities Fund, the Regional Sport and Recreation Facilities Operating Grant and the Sportsfield Development Capacity Fund
- Increase the funding level of the Sport and Recreation Facilities Fund, the Regional Sport and Recreation Facilities Operating Grant and the Sportsfield Development Capacity Fund to reflect sector demand
- Support Local Board sport and recreation projects and priorities
- Support the Local Board sport and recreation One Local Initiatives projects which address regional priorities
- Support reinstating the local Board Transport Capital Fund to previous levels
- Seek clarification about Council’s proposal to moving from an asset-based approach to alternative ways of delivering services
- Supporting a focus on renewals and proactive asset maintenance
- Urging caution around the implications and potential impacts of community asset divestment
- Ensuring Council has the capacity to deliver the budgeted projects