Hockey New Zealand is the national sporting organisation charged with the responsibility of leading hockey in New Zealand, developing and delivering a number of national programmes particularly for community sport, high performance, events and tournaments.
Hockey New Zealand’s vision is to become the World’s Best Hockey Nation. Hockey New Zealand needs to provide leadership to all key areas of community hockey to ensure the sport can deliver on its stated vision.
Hockey New Zealand’s purpose is to provide quality experiences for all New Zealanders.
The Competition Manager is responsible for the:
- Effective event management of the National Domestic Tournament Programme from U13 to U21
- Provision of support to the Event Manager for the effective event management of the FORD NHL
- Development of the new events and policy procedures for existing events
- Delivery of the National Masters Hockey Tournament (NMHT)
- Management and delivery of the National Masters Hockey’s tours overseas for international competition
- Delivery of the Trans-Tasman Masters events
- Development and management of an Event Facilities and Infrastructure strategy aligned with our National Facilities Strategy.
- Effective planning and management of the Events and Competitions budget and reporting and monitoring on all events and competitions
- Provision of support to the Technical Manager for the umpire and officials appointments process for the U13 and U15 tournaments
- Supporting the wider business in the delivery of key other events such as major international tournaments and annual awards nights
For more information see the Competitions Manager Role
Applications close at 5 pm, 7th March and can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org