Harbour Sport is a Regional Sports Trust which supports community development for sport and healthy lifestyles and strives to influence more people to participate in sport and physical activity.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated person to join our CSI Coach Developer team. This is a contractor position starting on January 30th 2018, for 20 hours per week until December 2018.
The Coach Support Initiative (CSI) is a successful project within secondary and primary schools which is designed to improve the overall coaching systems and processes, to ensure coaches are developed and supported within their coaching role.
The primary focus for this position as part of the wider CSI Coach Developer team is to coordinate and deliver coach development to selected schools and to create and enhance relationships in the community between primary/intermediate and secondary schools and clubs.
The successful applicant will have:
- Experience working in the sport recreation/education and coaching sector.
- A knowledge of the NZ Coaching Strategy.
- Understanding of holistic and long term athlete development theory and practice development.
- Understanding of national/international philosophy on athlete centred coaching.
- Sees challenges as opportunities to improve and overcome
- Understanding of adult learning needs.
- Is a self-starter with a ‘get up and go’ attitude
- Team player
- Leadership experience
- Ability to coach, instruct and develop relationships with organisations.
- Relishes learning and improving in their role
- Understanding of and empathy with people of different ages and cultures.
- Highly developed organisational skills
- Confidence in public speaking.
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Excellent facilitation skills
- The ability to think on your feet and respond to all questions or challenges you may encounter
If you have a desire and the skills to make a real difference in the North Harbour school sporting community please apply via SEEK
For more information, feel free to contact Dan Grant on email@example.com or on 029 295 0029
Applications close at 5pm Sunday 12th November.
Interviews will be held on the 15 and 16th November.