Harbour Sport in partnership with Aktive are looking to recruit a Healthy Active Learning Community Connector who will work directly with selected primary and intermediate schools and their communities across the North Shore and Rodney. The Healthy Active Learning Community Connector will play a critical role in supporting schools and communities to identify, plan and implement opportunities for quality play, sport and physical activity experiences for tamariki, which supports the broader outcomes of the Auckland Approach to Community Sport.
Within the Auckland Approach to Community Sport, Korikori has been established to build a system across Auckland that allows young people 5-18 years (tamariki and rangatahi) in priority socio-economic and community of activity areas to have quality physical activity experiences in regard to play, physical education, active recreation and sport within primary, intermediate and secondary school and kura settings.
As part of Korikori, the Healthy Active Learning initiative helps to create healthy and active school environments by improving the wellbeing of children and young people through healthy eating and drinking, and quality physical activity.
As a Healthy Active Learning Community Connector, you will have the following attributes and skills:
- Passionate about the holistic wellbeing of tamariki
- Experience in planning, coordinating and implementing high-quality play, sport and physical activity opportunities and experiences for tamariki
- Experience in working with primary and intermediate schools and/or kura
- Ability to meaningfully engage and lead others through situations of growth and change
- Knowledge and understanding of the systems and structures that guide and influence the decision making of schools and/or kura
- Knowledge and understanding of how the sport and education sectors interact to deliver play, sport, physical activity opportunities for tamariki
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills, accompanied by a high level of emotional and social intelligence
- Ability to work well under pressure, manage multiple and competing tasks to meet deadlines and produce high-quality results.
This role will involve working at various locations within communities across the North Harbour region, including Rodney and require the ability to be flexible with work hours. Your will also be a part of the Harbour Sport Community Sport team working on community initiatives to get people more active.
If you’re an innovative, motivating change agent with great problem-solving skills and have experience of working alongside schools and/or communities, and keen to join a fun, hard-working team committed to making a positive difference for the children of Auckland, then we’d like to hear from you.
Please submit your application via the Apply Now and Application Questions buttons below and be sure to upload the following:
- A covering letter (Apply Now Button)
- Your CV (Apply Now Button)
- The completed Application Questions (Application Questions Button)
Closing date for applications, 28 March at 11.59pm
Healthy Active Learning is a joint wellbeing initiative with Sport New Zealand therefore please note that candidate information will be shared with Sport New Zealand. Please let us know if you do not agree to this information being shared.
Please note, the Healthy Active Learning Community Connector will be employed by Harbour Sport.
Harbour Sport is committed to Integrity, Leadership, Passion and He Tangata and is a value-based organisation committed to ‘a community physically active for life’.
- Interviews from 5 April
- Positions confirmed week of 19 April
- Positions begin from 10 May if not sooner