Northland Umpire Development Officer – Netball Northern Zone
Fixed Term Part Time Role – 20 hours per week – February to November
Netball Northern Zone is seeking an inspiring and proactive person to join our Community Netball Team to drive the delivery of Umpire Development across our Northland Centres. This fixed term funded role is based in Northland servicing Centres from Dargaville, Wellsford and through to Kaitaia.
Netball Northern Zone is one of five Regional Sporting Organisations for netball in New Zealand. Our Zone reaches from Waiuku to the Far North and we work with over 33% of New Zealand’s netball playing population.
The Umpire North Development Officer contributes to the Northern Zone Community Netball Plan to:
- Increase the number and quality of umpires at all levels in the game and increase the engagement of umpires from Northland.
- Lead in the development and support of Umpire Coach Developers in the Northland area.
- Increase the number and quality of umpires at all levels in the game from junior, community to performance level
- Create a culture for umpiring excellence through the provision of high quality umpire development opportunities both formal and informal and increase attendance at these workshops.
- Support netball centres in improving the capacity and capability of grassroots umpiring through their Centre Umpire Development Plans
Key Skills and Attributes required for this role include but are not limited to:
- Relevant Umpire qualification and sport sector knowledge
- Strong understanding of community netball and working with volunteers
- Ability to build effective working relationships quickly across a diverse range of stakeholders
- Experience in developing and/or training umpires across all levels of the game
The position requires strong relationship development skills and the ability and confidence to work closely with volunteers. You will be highly organised, confident and calm, with a can-do attitude.
The role is part-time, 20 hours per week, with a significant amount of evening and weekend work, but offers a high degree of flexibility around working times and practices. The role does require travel across the Northland area of the Zone and a vehicle is part of the remuneration package.
A full job description can be found on our website in the Community Tab. To submit an application please email a Cover letter and CV to: Northern Zone Netball Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 12noon, Friday 7th February 2020.