Harbour Sport’s vision is to have ‘A Community Physically Active for Life’ by inspiring, empowering and strengthening the community through sport and physical activity.
About the role:
The Regional Sports Director’s key responsibility is to lead and influence the value of sport in and through secondary schools by increasing participation numbers and the quality of sport and recreation provided. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with strong relationship management skills, excellent communication skills who can work seamlessly with Principals, Directors of Sport/Sport Co-ordinators and volunteers. Experience in strategic and annual planning, problem-solving, administration and data collection is essential.
Key tasks include:
- Develop secondary school sport capability in the Harbour Region.
- Work with key people within schools to influence the way sport is delivered in schools
- Coordinate and deliver professional development relating to sport development and physical education
- Facilitate the planning process in schools
- Support school-club links and add value to the community
- Develop and support projects that benefit students
- Manage the administration of KiwiSport funding in the Harbour region
Key result areas for this position include:
- More secondary school children playing organised sport through school
- More secondary school children participating in sport through clubs and organised events
- Improved ability of regional sporting organisations to deliver sport in the secondary school context
- Influence key stakeholders to enhance sport and recreation opportunities for secondary schools and students
This is a fixed term position for 15 months, 40 hours per week and includes the use of a company vehicle.
If you believe you have the relevant school sport experience and the ability to influence secondary school sport in the Harbour region, please submit a cover letter and CV via email to email@example.com
Download the Full Job Description