Harbour Sport’s vision is to have ‘A Community Physically Active for Life’ by inspiring, empowering and strengthening the community through sport and physical activity.
About the role:
The Regional Sports Director’s key responsibility is to lead and advocate the value of sport in for all rangatahi in secondary schools. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with strong relationship and management skills, have excellent communication skills who can work seamlessly with Principals, Directors of Sport/ Sport Co-ordinators, students and other key stakeholders. Experience in strategic and annual planning, problem-solving, administration and data collection is essential.
This role will be based at Harbour Sport in Albany and will require some travel within the North Harbour and Greater Auckland region.
Key tasks include:
- Develop the capability of secondary school sport in the North Harbour Region.
- Work with key people in schools to promote positive experiences in sport and recreation
- Coordinate and deliver professional development relating to sport and recreation
- Facilitate the sport planning process in schools
- Support school-club links and add value to the community
- Develop and support projects that benefit students experience in sport and recreation
- Support the administration of Tu Manawa funding in the North Harbour region
- Support the Community Sport team with initiatives that include rangatahi
- Support Harbour Sport events and programmes
Key result areas for this position include:
- Support secondary schools in the North Harbour region to provide quality opportunities and experiences in sport and recreation that meet the needs of their students
- Support regional sports organisations to deliver quality opportunities in sport for secondary schools
- Connect and collaborate with key stakeholders to enhance sport and recreation opportunities in secondary schools and for students
This is a fixed term maternity leave position for 12 months, 40 hours per week and includes the use of a company vehicle.
If you believe you have the relevant school sport experience and the ability to advocate for secondary school sport in the Harbour region, please submit a cover letter and CV via SEEK.
Applications close on Thursday 17th December at 4:00pmDownload the Full Job Description APPLY