Harbour Hockey Charitable Trust (HHCT) are seeking three new Trustees with the skills and capabilities to help meet our objects: to provide sustainable facilities which promote and support participation in sporting, social and education activities for our communities – in particular, the hockey communities – in North Harbour and the wider Auckland region.
These are volunteer roles.
As a not-for-profit charitable trust, HHCT needs to be innovative, collaborative and community-centric. Strong governance is central to its future success, through sustainable asset management, and positive, enduring stakeholder relationships. We are seeking Trustees with one (or a number) of the following attributes:
- Strong governance experience;
- Experience in the oversight of sporting/community venue and facility management (the National Hockey Centre is operated and managed by a HHCT-appointed manager);
- Experience in asset planning, maintenance and renewal at a strategic level;
- Understanding of balancing a sustainable return on investment while ensuring community outcomes are met;
- Experience in not-for-profit/community fundraising and commercial partnerships;
- Community stakeholder relationships – sports organisations, local government, community groups, iwi).
As a gender-balanced and ethnically diverse sport, we are particularly looking to increase the Trust’s gender and cultural diversity in these appointments.
The estimated commitment is around ten hours per month (including Trustee meeting) plus attendance of at least one weekend/ planning day per year.
Applications Close Friday, 6th of August, apply below with a Cover letter and governance CV.