Active for Life - Green PrescriptionBe Physically Active, as part of Your Health Management. The Smart and Cost-effective way to Help you stay Healthy.
Motivating Adults to Keep Healthy and Active
What is Active for Life – Green Prescription?
The Active for Life programme is a free 3-month health and wellness programme delivered by Harbour Sport. It aims to increase physical activity and improve the nutrition of adults aged 18 years and over. Healthy Lifestyle Advisors provide individuals with support and motivation to become independently active with the ultimate goal to improve health.
What does the service include?
- Face to Face healthy lifestyle consultations provided at Auckland Council Leisure Centres.
- West Wave Pool and Leisure Centre, Henderson
- Glenfield Pool and Leisure Centre
- Stanmore Bay Pool and Leisure Centre
- Albany Pool and Leisure Centre
- GRx exercise classes are available at local Auckland Council Leisure Centre’s at a discounted rate while on the programme
- Goal setting and nutrition advice
- FREE Nutrition seminars
- Facebook support and events
- Monthly follow-ups to support and motivate people to be independently active, eat healthily and live
WHAT’S HAPPENING IN YOUR AREA?
A Fantastic New Class and Activity Timetable for the Rodney, North Shore and West Auckland areas.
This will be updated regularly, so remember to check back again soon!
- Aged ≥ 18 years
- Geographical boundaries: North Shore, Rodney, Waitakere and Hibiscus Coast
- Currently inactive (less than 2.5 hours per week)
- Have a stable medical/ mental condition that could benefit from regular physical activity.
- Are at risk of developing a medical condition due to a sedentary lifestyle
- Ready to make changes to their lifestyle and consents to being referred
Referrals can be by the general practice team (doctor or practice nurse), or any other health professional.
- Encouraging sedentary adults to become independently active
- Supporting improvements in nutrition
- Promoting healthier lifestyle choices for adults in Waitakere, North Shore and Rodney regions
- Albany Activity Brochure
- Birkenhead & Beach Haven Activity Brochure
- Devonport & Belmont Activity Brochure
- East Coast Bays Activity Brochure
- Glenfield Activity Brochure
- Kumeu & Helensville Activity Brochure
- Mahurangi Activity Brochure
- Northcote Activity Brochure
- Orewa, Silverdale & Waitoki Activity Brochure
- Takapuna, Sunnynook & Milford Activity Brochure
- Whangaparaoa Activity Brochure
- Wellsford Activity Brochure
- Walking Areas
- Seniors Brochure
Latest Resources and News
The Latest News
The Sport and Recreation Facilities Investment Fund was established during Long-term Plan 2018-2028 to support the development of regional and sub-regional sport and recreation facilities. It has a budget of $120 million over the next ten years. The funding for the...
ACC Minister Hon. Iain Lees-Galloway recently swapped his suit for shorts and a tee to join a ‘Live Stronger for Longer’ strength and balance class. These nationally available classes help us as we age to retain lower body and core strength to avoid falls and live...
Our NiuMovement Pacific families programme has engaged with 53 participants to date. Equip’d Pacific teen girls programme has engaged with 80 Pacific female students across 4 schools. The July PolySports school holiday programmes engaged with a total of 58 kids over...
Millwater parkrun - Weekly Free 5km Timed Run What is Millwater parkrun? It is a 5km run - it's you against the clock. When is it? Every Saturday at 8:00am. Where is it? The event takes place at the Sports fields, Millwater Parkway, Silverdale, Auckland 0932. See...
Register now for the Certificate of Proficiency in Pacific Nutrition. This evening course is held at Heart Foundation building, Ellerslie, Auckland.
In Round 2, the Harbour Sport Active Teens Programme, was delivered to 13 Teenagers. Our Tuesday night sessions, held at the Warkworth Fitness Centre, combined game based physical activities, box fit and spin class exercise sessions with informative nutrition...
A HUGE thank you to everyone who took part in Shore to Shore! We hope you had a much fun as we did! Times for timed runners are now ready Go into one...
Kaipatiki Local Grants Programme 2016/2017 Our Local Grants Programme aims to provide contestable and discretionary community grants to local communities. Outcomes Our grants programme will be targeted towards supporting the following outcomes, as outlined in our...