Key responsibilities of this role are:
- Responsible for the development BBNZ Basketball For All Action Plan.
- Complete analysis of current programmes being delivered for disabled people, participation levels, and gap analysis of existing providers and opportunities. This will include existing provision by basketball organisations, disability providers and other community providers as relevant. This will involve a combination of direct consultation and online research.
- Confirm vision and strategic aspirations for current and prospective participants with disabilities. Confirm key priorities and opportunities gathered from research and consultation insights.
- Create a Basketball For All Action Plan embracing all forms of basketball delivered for people with physical and intellectual disabilities, with a special focus on tamariki and rangatahi.
- Work with the BBNZ Community team, advisory groups, and member organisations to identify common issues and opportunities to inform development priorities.
- Develop and maintain strong positive relationships with member organisations and key stakeholders
- Maintain an oversight of trends and opportunities in the areas of sport disability and inclusion participation
- Identify, develop, and share examples of good practice with associations and partners
- Contribute to the BBNZ Community Team including planning, key tasks, and projects as requested by the GM
This is a full-time, nine months fixed term, contract opportunity that requires flexibility and a willingness to travel. To apply, find the vacancy on Seek and click on the “apply for this job” button and upload your current CV and Cover letter. Cover letters should outline why you believe you are the right person for this role and can be addressed to Saileen Raj, Finance and Administration Manager. All applications must be received online and will be acknowledged by email.
The deadline for applications is 5pm, Friday, 19 August 2022