Harbour Sport is seeking an energetic and organised individual to manage our Community Strength and Balance programme. This position will focus on Auckland district health board and Waitemata district health board areas.
This initiative is delivered in collaboration with ACC, Waitemata and Auckland District Health Boards, who together with local health and community partners, have committed to working towards reducing injuries from falls for older people.
The primary objective of this work is increasing the capacity and capability of Community Strength and Balance classes for older adults who are at risk of falling.
Key aspects of the management role include:
- Liaison and relationship management with stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Ensuring current contractual requirements are met and identifying future opportunities in the older people space
- Managing an established team of trainers. Lead key performance indicator meetings and provide development opportunities.
- Oversee the team to provide support and training to community exercise class providers to meet a Technical Advisory Group criteria for Community Strength and Balance classes
- Support in the identification of new Community Strength and Balance classes in targeted geographical areas or for high needs populations
- Oversee on-going monitoring and evaluation of classes and programmes including regular reporting
- Provide ongoing promotion of Community Strength and Balance initiative throughout community networks
- Develop and align a Harbour Sport health, wellbeing and movement strategy for older people in the region creating other opportunities to be active for this age group.
Harbour Sport is looking for an individual who has a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the fitness industry or a related field with an excellent understanding of older people and their needs. You will need excellent relationship management skills coupled with the ability to engage and influence a diverse range of people and organisations. Ideally you will have experience working with or connection to Māori and/or Pacific communities in the Auckland and Waitemata District Health Board area.
The Community Strength and Balance Manager needs to be proactive, and results driven without compromising on quality. A thorough understanding of health and safety is also important. You will be comfortable presenting to groups, training others and providing feedback. Sound computer skills including excel are required as well as superior spoken English.
If you are a committed individual with strong values and a focus on community health and well-being for older people, then this role is for you.
Please submit your CV and cover letter via the Apply Now button.
Closing date for applications, Friday 9th April at 5pm
Harbour Sport is committed to Integrity, Leadership, Passion and He Tangata and is a value-based organisation committed to ‘a community physically active for life’.