Green PrescriptionBe Physically Active, as part of Your Health Management. The Smart and Cost-effective way to Help you stay Healthy.
Motivating Adults to Keep Healthy and Active
What is Green Prescription?
Green Prescription is a nationwide programme that motivates sedentary adults to become active. Patients that would benefit from an exercise programme are referred to us by doctors practice nurses, physiotherapists and nutritionists/dietitians.
You can now also self-refer, we will still need your doctor or nurse to sign off.
GRx offers 3-4 months of phone support to assist with your motivation and provides all the information needed to lead an independently active lifestyle.
FREE and Subsidised on Green Prescription (GRx)
- Free Consultations and $5 Exercise Classes 3 days a week at Glenfield Leisure Centre
- Free Consultations and $5 ‘Wellbeing Wednesday’ and ‘Super Saturdays’ Exercise Programmes at Stanmore Bay Leisure Centre
- Free group dietician workshops for ALL Green Prescription clients! Come and join us every month at Stanmore Bay Leisure Centre. See flyer for further details.
What’s Happening in Your Area
** NEW – Green Prescription @ West Wave
- Aged ≥ 18 years
- Geographical boundaries: North Shore, Rodney, Waitakere and Hibiscus Coast
- Currently inactive (less than 2.5 hours per week)
- Have a stable medical/ mental condition that could benefit from regular physical activity.
- Are at risk of developing a medical condition due to a sedentary lifestyle
- Ready to make changes to their lifestyle and consents to being referred
Referrals can be by the general practice team (doctor or practice nurse), or any other health professional.
The goals and objectives of Green Prescription are:
- Encouraging sedentary adults to become independently active
- Promoting sport and recreation as a healthy lifestyle choice
- Promoting healthier lifestyle choices for adults in the North Shore and Rodney regions
Please note: we try to update these Activity Area Brochures regularly however some classes may have changed.
- Albany Activity Brochure
- Birkenhead & Beach Haven Activity Brochure
- Devonport & Belmont Activity Brochure
- East Coast Bays Activity Brochure
- Glenfield Activity Brochure
- Kumeu & Helensville Activity Brochure
- Mahurangi Activity Brochure
- Northcote Activity Brochure
- Orewa, Silverdale & Waitoki Activity Brochure
- Takapuna, Sunnynook & Milford Activity Brochure
- Whangaparaoa Activity Brochure
- Wellsford Activity Brochure
- Walking Areas
- Seniors Brochure
Latest Resources and News
The Latest News
Our NiuMovement Pacific families programme has engaged with 53 participants to date. Equip’d Pacific teen girls programme has engaged with 80 Pacific female students across 4 schools. The July PolySports school holiday programmes engaged with a total of 58 kids over...read more
After a recent re-tender process Harbour Sport have been successful in securing the Green Prescription (GRx) contract for all of the Waitemata District Health Board area, with effect from 1st July 2017. We will be starting additional programmes at West Wave and Massey...read more
Millwater parkrun - Weekly Free 5km Timed Run What is Millwater parkrun? It is a 5km run - it's you against the clock. When is it? Every Saturday at 8:00am. Where is it? The event takes place at the Sports fields, Millwater Parkway, Silverdale, Auckland 0932. See...read more
Those who dare, will be tested on a muddy 2.5km Muddy obstacle course with a few messy surprises along the way. Imagine crawling in mud pits, slipping and sliding down muddy water slides, climbing over walls and Tyre Mountains, splashing through murky waters and of...read more
In the past couple of years, smart devices have improved almost every facet of our daily lives, from driving a car to stocking the fridge. Now, smart technology is revolutionising the world of health and fitness. Fitness trackers are one of the newest trends helping...read more
Register now for the Certificate of Proficiency in Pacific Nutrition. This evening course is held at Heart Foundation building, Ellerslie,...read more
In Round 2, the Harbour Sport Active Teens Programme, was delivered to 13 Teenagers. Our Tuesday night sessions, held at the Warkworth Fitness Centre, combined game based physical activities, box fit and spin class exercise sessions with informative nutrition...read more
A HUGE thank you to everyone who took part in Shore to Shore! We hope you had a much fun as we did! Times for timed runners are now ready Go into one...read more
Kaipatiki Local Grants Programme 2016/2017 Our Local Grants Programme aims to provide contestable and discretionary community grants to local communities. Outcomes Our grants programme will be targeted towards supporting the following outcomes, as outlined in our...read more
Health Minister Jonathan Coleman says more adults and their families are benefiting from medication-free healthy lifestyle prescriptions. “The Government is committed to supporting New Zealanders to live healthier more active lives away from hospitals,” says Dr...read more