Active for Life - Green PrescriptionBe Physically Active, as part of Your Health Management. The Smart and Cost-effective way to Help you stay Healthy.
Motivating Adults to Keep Healthy and Active
What is Active for Life – Green Prescription?
The Active for Life programme is a free 3-month health and wellness programme delivered by Harbour Sport. It aims to increase physical activity and improve the nutrition of adults aged 18 years and over. Healthy Lifestyle Advisors provide individuals with support and motivation to become independently active with the ultimate goal to improve health.
What does the service include?
- Face to Face healthy lifestyle consultations provided at Auckland Council Leisure Centres.
- West Wave Pool and Leisure Centre, Henderson
- Glenfield Pool and Leisure Centre
- Stanmore Bay Pool and Leisure Centre
- Albany Pool and Leisure Centre
- GRx exercise classes are available at local Auckland Council Leisure Centre’s at a discounted rate while on the programme
- Goal setting and nutrition advice
- FREE Nutrition seminars
- Facebook support and events
- Monthly follow-ups to support and motivate people to be independently active, eat healthily and live
WHAT’S HAPPENING IN YOUR AREA?
A Fantastic New Class and Activity Timetable for the Rodney, North Shore and West Auckland areas.
This will be updated regularly, so remember to check back again soon!
- Aged ≥ 18 years
- Geographical boundaries: North Shore, Rodney, Waitakere and Hibiscus Coast
- Currently inactive (less than 2.5 hours per week)
- Have a stable medical/ mental condition that could benefit from regular physical activity.
- Are at risk of developing a medical condition due to a sedentary lifestyle
- Ready to make changes to their lifestyle and consents to being referred
Referrals can be by the general practice team (doctor or practice nurse), or any other health professional.
- Encouraging sedentary adults to become independently active
- Supporting improvements in nutrition
- Promoting healthier lifestyle choices for adults in Waitakere, North Shore and Rodney regions
- Albany Activity Brochure
- Birkenhead & Beach Haven Activity Brochure
- Devonport & Belmont Activity Brochure
- East Coast Bays Activity Brochure
- Glenfield Activity Brochure
- Kumeu & Helensville Activity Brochure
- Mahurangi Activity Brochure
- Northcote Activity Brochure
- Orewa, Silverdale & Waitoki Activity Brochure
- Takapuna, Sunnynook & Milford Activity Brochure
- Whangaparaoa Activity Brochure
- Wellsford Activity Brochure
- Walking Areas
- Seniors Brochure
Latest Resources and News
The Latest News
Great news… From Thursday, a wide range of play, recreation and sport activities can resume within level 2.
What if your daily dash around the block could also raise money for a great community cause? We’re calling walkers, runners, cyclists and outdoor lovers of all abilities and ages to the driveway start line. Take part in this awesome virtual event designed to boost...
ACC in collaboration with TVNZ and partners across the health sector, is bringing an exercise programme, called Healthy For Life to our TV screens from this Saturday. This is in response to the fact that older New Zealanders can’t attend community strength and balance...
New guidance has been released about workplace activities at different alert levels. Information addresses some frequently asked questions as well as examples of what each alert level might look like for different kinds of businesses.
Two Awesome Challenges for You to Partake in at Home! Harbour Sport understands that it is currently a difficult time for people to get exercise during this lockdown period! Hence we are excited to introduce the #HSStayHomeChallenge and the #FamilyBubbleChallenge....
Over recent days, we have seen the situation with COVID-19 continue to escalate, with significant travel restrictions implemented by the New Zealand Government. This has widespread implications across every part of our daily interactions, including recreational and...
*** IMPORTANT EVENTS NOTICE *** Due to the continuously evolving situation with COVID-19 Harbour Sport staff have been advised to follow Government and the Ministry of Health recommendations regarding limiting non-essential contact in order to limit the spread of...
I first signed up to the gym just a couple years ago, I’m no gym expert now and certainly do not go as regularly as I would like to, but I have learnt not to be intimidated by the big scary gym. I remember being totally terrified of setting foot in the gym- absolutely...
Running is not for everyone, it’s hard work, it can be boring and often feels physically impossible. That being said, running is one of the few sports that require little to no equipment and is great for fitness. Having recently completed my first half marathon, after...