Active for Life - Green PrescriptionBe Physically Active, as part of Your Health Management. The Smart and Cost-effective way to Help you stay Healthy.
Motivating Adults to Keep Healthy and Active
What is Active for Life – Green Prescription?
The Active for Life programme is a free 3-month health and wellness programme delivered by Harbour Sport. It aims to increase physical activity and improve the nutrition of adults aged 18 years and over. Healthy Lifestyle Advisors provide individuals with support and motivation to become independently active with the ultimate goal to improve health.
What does the service include?
- Face to Face healthy lifestyle consultations provided at Auckland Council Leisure Centres.
- West Wave Pool and Leisure Centre, Henderson
- Glenfield Pool and Leisure Centre
- Stanmore Bay Pool and Leisure Centre
- Albany Pool and Leisure Centre
- GRx exercise classes are available at local Auckland Council Leisure Centre’s at a discounted rate while on the programme
- Goal setting and nutrition advice
- FREE Nutrition seminars
- Facebook support and events
- Monthly follow-ups to support and motivate people to be independently active, eat healthily and live
WHAT’S HAPPENING IN YOUR AREA?
A Fantastic New Class and Activity Timetable for the Rodney, North Shore and West Auckland areas.
This will be updated regularly, so remember to check back again soon!
- Aged ≥ 18 years
- Geographical boundaries: North Shore, Rodney, Waitakere and Hibiscus Coast
- Currently inactive (less than 2.5 hours per week)
- Have a stable medical/ mental condition that could benefit from regular physical activity.
- Are at risk of developing a medical condition due to a sedentary lifestyle
- Ready to make changes to their lifestyle and consents to being referred
Referrals can be by the general practice team (doctor or practice nurse), or any other health professional.
- Encouraging sedentary adults to become independently active
- Supporting improvements in nutrition
- Promoting healthier lifestyle choices for adults in Waitakere, North Shore and Rodney regions
- Albany Activity Brochure
- Birkenhead & Beach Haven Activity Brochure
- Devonport & Belmont Activity Brochure
- East Coast Bays Activity Brochure
- Glenfield Activity Brochure
- Kumeu & Helensville Activity Brochure
- Mahurangi Activity Brochure
- Northcote Activity Brochure
- Orewa, Silverdale & Waitoki Activity Brochure
- Takapuna, Sunnynook & Milford Activity Brochure
- Whangaparaoa Activity Brochure
- Wellsford Activity Brochure
- Walking Areas
- Seniors Brochure
Latest Resources and News
The Latest News
In this time of change, where the world around us has become unpredictable and our focus has changed significantly. What changes should we be making to learning for young people? Does this situation in 2020 with COVID-19 mean that we should be refocussing not only for...
Two Awesome Challenges for You to Partake in at Home! Harbour Sport understands that it is currently a difficult time for people to get exercise during this lockdown period! Hence we are excited to introduce the #HSStayHomeChallenge and the #FamilyBubbleChallenge....
Earlier this week Jacinda Ardern had a conversation with psychologist, Nigel Latta, on tips and tricks to look after yourself while we’re all staying home to save lives
Over recent days, we have seen the situation with COVID-19 continue to escalate, with significant travel restrictions implemented by the New Zealand Government. This has widespread implications across every part of our daily interactions, including recreational and...
*** IMPORTANT EVENTS NOTICE *** Due to the continuously evolving situation with COVID-19 Harbour Sport staff have been advised to follow Government and the Ministry of Health recommendations regarding limiting non-essential contact in order to limit the spread of...
I first signed up to the gym just a couple years ago, I’m no gym expert now and certainly do not go as regularly as I would like to, but I have learnt not to be intimidated by the big scary gym. I remember being totally terrified of setting foot in the gym- absolutely...
Running is not for everyone, it’s hard work, it can be boring and often feels physically impossible. That being said, running is one of the few sports that require little to no equipment and is great for fitness. Having recently completed my first half marathon, after...
The Sport and Recreation Facilities Investment Fund was established during Long-term Plan 2018-2028 to support the development of regional and sub-regional sport and recreation facilities. It has a budget of $120 million over the next ten years. The funding for the...