Sport Capability and Business Manager
Community Sport Engagement Manager + Spaces and Places Lead
Tyrone Elkington- MacDonald
Sport Development Advisor
Assessment, Strategic and Operational Capability
Supporting Our Local Clubs and Regional Sport Organisations
The Sport Capability Team’s main objective is to support sport and recreation organisations to deliver and maintain a quality sport system in our region. This entails a philosophy of good governance, good practice and continuous improvement. We work with organisations to help them to evolve their areas of need so they implement the processes required to create a high-performing organisation. The aim is to foster and develop quality programmes, strong partnerships and collaborations for the benefit of the whole community. The provision of best practice examples, training, development and support for the people and volunteers that work in the sports sector continues to be our primary focus in achieving this objective.
Harbour Sport provides capability development opportunities in the community through a variety of Specific, Targeted and Generic programmes.
- Planning – the easiest way to help any club/organisation develop
- People – Job Descriptions, Employment Contracts, Code of Conduct etc
- Sport Delivery – Programme Guidelines, Risk Management and more
- Customer Focus – Communication Plan, Volunteer Packs, Self Review Model etc
- Leadership – Mission Statement, Effective meetings, National Alignment etc
- Financial Management – Budgeting, Funding, Sponsorship etc
2019 Club / School Workshop Calendar
Workshops Previous Held In the Year:
- Wednesday 20th February 6.30 – 8.00 pm – Grant Funding Workshop – How to make the most out of your funding applications
- Wednesday 3rd April 7.00 – 8.30 pm – Marketing and Promotion – Learn how to tell your story to the community
- Monday 17th June 7.00 – 8.30pm – Engaging With Different Ethnicities – Free workshop
- Wednesday 24th July 7.00 – 8.30pm – 6 Keys to a Great Club
- Monday 16th September 7.00 – 8.30pm – Developing Club / School Links
Council / Local Board
- Important Dates & Links to Funding
- Governance Support
- Strategic Planning
- Annual Planning
- Six Keys To A Great Club
- Sport NZ Warrant of Fitness
Latest Resources and News
The Latest News
Book Now – Clubs and Schools Workshops
Harbour Sport is seeking an energetic and organised individual to join our Community Strength and Balance team. This position will focus on West Auckland and also manage the administration aspect of the initiative. This initiative...
Northland Umpire Development Officer – Netball Northern Zone Fixed Term Part Time Role – 20 hours per week – February to November Netball Northern Zone is seeking an inspiring and proactive person to join our Community Netball Team to drive the delivery of Umpire...
Harbour Sport’s vision is to have 'A Community Physically Active for Life’ by inspiring, empowering and strengthening the community through sport and physical activity. We are seeking a proactive, energetic and organised individual to join...