Sport Capability and Business Manager
Tyrone Elkington- MacDonald
Sport Development Advisor
Assessment, Strategic and Operational Capability
Supporting Our Local Clubs and Regional Sport Organisations
The Sport Capability Team’s main objective is to support sport and recreation organisations to deliver and maintain a quality sport system in our region. This entails a philosophy of good governance, good practice and continuous improvement. We work with organisations to help them to evolve their areas of need so they implement the processes required to create a high-performing organisation. The aim is to foster and develop quality programmes, strong partnerships and collaborations for the benefit of the whole community. The provision of best practice examples, training, development and support for the people and volunteers that work in the sports sector continues to be our primary focus in achieving this objective.
Harbour Sport provides capability development opportunities in the community through a variety of Specific, Targeted and Generic programmes.
- Planning – the easiest way to help any club/organisation develop
- People – Job Descriptions, Employment Contracts, Code of Conduct etc
- Sport Delivery – Programme Guidelines, Risk Management and more
- Customer Focus – Communication Plan, Volunteer Packs, Self Review Model etc
- Leadership – Mission Statement, Effective meetings, National Alignment etc
- Financial Management – Budgeting, Funding, Sponsorship etc
2020 Club / School Workshop Calendar
- Dates TBC – Grant Funding Workshop
- DatesTBC – Social Media & Marketing
- Dates TBC – Diversity and Inclusion
- Dates TBC – Women and Girls
- Dates TBC Volunteers
Council / Local Board
- Important Dates & Links to Funding
- Governance Support
- Strategic Planning
- Annual Planning
- Six Keys To A Great Club
- Sport NZ Warrant of Fitness
Latest Resources and News
The Latest News
Book Now – Clubs and Schools Workshops
FREE - Athlete-Centered Coaches Forum - MOTIVATION - Wednesday 28th April at 12:00pm Join us online to hear from Doug Tate about Motivation. Doug is the current University of Victoria (UVic) Head Coach of Men's Rugby. In addition to that, he teaches in The School of...
A great opportunity has arisen for a role as the rugby Manager: Match Officials & Referees at North Harbour Rugby. The purpose of the Rugby Manager: Match Officials & Referees role: Accountable for growing and maximising the Engagement and Participation of...
Harbour Sport’s ActivAsian programme is looking for an enthusiastic Community Lead to join our team. This is a great opportunity to be an integral part of an exciting, innovative, and rewarding programme as well as being a key team member of a Regional Sports...