Tyrone Elkington- MacDonald
Sport Development Manager / Spaces and Places Lead
Sport Development Advisor / Women and Girls Lead
Assessment, Strategic and Operational Capability
Supporting Our Local Clubs and Regional Sport Organisations
The Sport Capability Team’s main objective is to support sport and recreation organisations to deliver and maintain a quality sport system in our region. This entails a philosophy of good governance, good practice and continuous improvement. We work with organisations to help them to evolve their areas of need so they implement the processes required to create a high-performing organisation. The aim is to foster and develop quality programmes, strong partnerships and collaborations for the benefit of the whole community. The provision of best practice examples, training, development and support for the people and volunteers that work in the sports sector continues to be our primary focus in achieving this objective.
Harbour Sport provides capability development opportunities in the community through a variety of Specific, Targeted and Generic programmes.
- Planning – the easiest way to help any club/organisation develop
- People – Job Descriptions, Employment Contracts, Code of Conduct etc
- Sport Delivery – Programme Guidelines, Risk Management and more
- Customer Focus – Communication Plan, Volunteer Packs, Self Review Model etc
- Leadership – Mission Statement, Effective meetings, National Alignment etc
- Financial Management – Budgeting, Funding, Sponsorship etc
Club / School Workshop Calendar
- Dates TBC – Grant Funding Workshop
- DatesTBC – Social Media & Marketing
- Dates TBC – Diversity and Inclusion
- Dates TBC – Women and Girls
- Dates TBC Volunteers
Council / Local Board
- Important Dates & Links to Funding
- Governance Support
- Strategic Planning
- Annual Planning
- Six Keys To A Great Club
- Sport NZ Warrant of Fitness
Latest Resources and News
The Latest News
Book Now – Clubs and Schools Workshops
Aktive in partnership with CLM Community Sport, Harbour Sport, Sport Auckland and Sport Waitākere are looking to recruit Healthy Active Learning Advisors to join our supportive team who will work directly with selected primary and intermediate schools within the...
Join us online to hear from Brock Gunson. Shaun Matthews from Harbour Sport will facilitate the conversation. Brock will be sharing his insights on athlete well-being, with particular attention to coach-athlete relationships and effective/ineffective coaching. Brock...
Touch NZ is seeking a passionate self-starter to take on this fixed term role while our current Marketing and Communications Manager is on parental leave. You will be a creative thinker, with an eye for detail, a passion for delivering a great end result and enjoy...