MERC Summer Series
February 11 @ 4:00 pm - April 1 @ 5:30 pm
Harbour Sport and Sir Peter Blake Marine Education and Recreation Centre (MERC) present an 8 week summer series consisting of 4 moana (ocean) based and 4 whenua (land) based activities. Sessions will run every Thursday from 4:00pm – 5:30pm with each week focusing on a different sport activity, providing participants with a variety of experiences and learnings. At the last week of the programme, we will have a family festival, where parents and friends are welcome to come along and see first-hand the new skills the kids have learnt.
• Every Thursday evening from 4:00pm-5:30pm commencing from February 11th and ending on April 1st
• $40 per participant entry fee for the entire 8 week series!
• Ages 7-13 (children will be split into the cohorts of similar age)
• Moana activities: paddle boarding, sailing, canoeing, snorkelling
• Whenua activities: mountain biking, hiking, archery, orienteering (the dates of which activities are weather dependent and will be confirmed closer to the time).
• Held at the MERC centre (Long Bay Beach)