Over 11,500 secondary school students participate in sport and recreation in the Harbour region.
Sport is valued in our schools and communities with positive and active engagement by our young people.
North Harbour Secondary School Regional Sports Plan 2015 – 2020
2016 Harbour Secondary School Sport Participation Snapshot
The data represents key highlights from the New Zealand Secondary School Sport Census which schools complete on an annual basis.
The data includes all students that have had a “meaningful engagement” in school sport:
- A student representing their school in a sport (e.g. pulling on their school jersey)
- OR a student has taken part in a sport provided over a period of six weeks or more
- OR a student has participated in a project that is KiwiSport funded
- OR a student has played for a club (or another school in a composite team) as the school had no teams and has a close working relationship with.
Student Sports Council
For Coaches and Managers
CSI (Coach Support Initiative
For School Sports Staff
- Professional Development
- Student Volunteer of the Month