Harbour Sport’s ActivAsian programme is looking for an enthusiastic Community Lead to join our team. This is a great opportunity to be an integral part of an exciting, innovative, and rewarding programme as well as being a key team member of a Regional Sports Trust in Auckland.
Harbour Sport’s vision is to have ‘A Community Physically Active for Life’ by inspiring, empowering and strengthening the community through sport and physical activity.
The ActivAsian initiative has 4 key objectives:
- Build capability
- Increase participation
- Increase awareness
- Inclusion in sport
The ActivAsian team have also identified five Focus Areas: Health & Wellbeing, Women and Girls, Sector D&I Development and Club Capability, Tamariki and Rangatahi and; Sustainable and locally-led initiatives.
For more information, please visit our ActivAsian website page.
About the role:
The ActivAsian Community Lead’s key roles are to oversee and manage the ActivAsian community programmes as well as supporting the ActivAsian Development Manager with leadership, management, funding and other areas where required. The successful candidate will develop, manage and coordinate the community programmes in a quality and sustainable manner, and support our play, active recreation and sport stakeholders in effective ethnic engagement and cultural competency.
This role will be based at Harbour Sport in Albany and will require some travel within the North Harbour and Greater Auckland region.
Key tasks include:
- To deliver the outcomes of the ActivAsian project in the Asian community and manage all ActivAsian community programmes.
- Development of innovative and effective programmes that increase Asian community’s participation in play, active recreation and sport
- Promotions, marketing and communications of all ActivAsian community programmes
- To assist with the operations of the ActivAsian Programme, and support the ActivAsian Manager where required
- To provide support to our play, active recreation and sport stakeholders in developing appropriate ethnic engagement initiatives and upskilling the sector in Diversity and Inclusion
- To assist ActivAsian Manager in securing funding and/or grants for the operations of the ActivAsian initiative
- Provide cultural advice/liaison to Harbour sport staff and RSOs
- Promote the benefits and importance of sport, recreation or physical activity to the Asian community by presenting at community groups and advocating on behalf of Harbour Sport and partner organisations
- Ongoing consultation with the Asian community regarding their needs
- Attend ActivAsian and other Harbour Sport staff meetings
- To fully support the philosophy and culture of the Trust and where practical support other Trust programmes/initiatives/events
- Undergo professional development training opportunities provided by Sport NZ and the Trust where appropriate
- This is a full-time, permanent position 40 hours per week and includes the use of a company vehicle where required.
If you believe you have the relevant community development experience and the ability to advocate for the Asian community in the Harbour and Greater Aucklander region, please submit a cover letter and CV.
Applications close on Friday, 30th April at 4:00pm
Harbour Sport is committed to Integrity, Leadership, Passion and He Tangata and is a value-based organisation committed to ‘a community physically active for life’.
Please submit your CV with a cover letter via our SEEK listing.