Harbour Sport’s ActivAsian programme is looking for an enthusiastic Team Leader for our team. This is a great opportunity to be an integral part of an exciting, innovative, and rewarding programme, as well as a team member in a Regional Sports Trust in Auckland.
Harbour Sport’s vision is to have ‘A Community Physically Active for Life’ by inspiring, empowering and strengthening the community through sport and physical activity.
The ActivAsian initiative has 4 key objectives:
- Build capability
- Increase participation
- Increase awareness
- Inclusion in sport
The ActivAsian team have also identified five Focus Areas: Health & Wellbeing, Women and Girls, Sector D&I Development and Club Capability, Tamariki and Rangatahi and; Sustainable and locally-led initiatives.
About the role:
The ActivAsian Lead’s key responsibility is to effectively lead and manage Harbour Sport’s ActivAsian team, its staff members and programmes. Key areas of responsibility include stakeholder relationship management, strategic leadership, project management, staff management and advocacy. The ActivAsian Development Manager will lead the Regional ActivAsian Team to develop and grow the sector’s cultural competency in Tāmaki Makaurau while maintaining a focus on the achievement of the Harbour Sport strategic goals and will regularly monitor progress
This role will be based at Harbour Sport in Albany and will require some travel within the North Harbour and Greater Auckland region.
Key tasks include:
- Identify and increase sport, play, and active recreation opportunities for all
- Engage and activate the Asian community to be more physically active
- Create locally-led initiatives with long term outcomes
- Identify key leaders, build their capability in leading and implementing physical activity programmes
- Promote collaboration between the Asian community and other stakeholders
- Improve availability and accessibility of sport and recreation related information
- Expand ActivAsian services to wider Asian communities and areas
- Champion Diversity and Inclusion, and advocate for the Asian community
- Support capability for effective ethnic engagement and social cohesion in sport
- Improve cultural responsiveness of stakeholders
- Provide leadership, support and analysis to Clubs, Schools and Regional Sports Organisations within the North Harbour region on ethnic engagement related issues
- Maintain and enhance relationships with National Sports Organisations, Regional Sports Organisations, Clubs, Councils, Local Boards, Tertiary Institutions and related stakeholders
This is a full-time, permanent position 40 hours per week and includes the use of a company vehicle.
If you believe you have the relevant ethnic engagement experience and the ability to advocate for the Asian community in the Harbour and Greater Aucklander region, please submit a cover letter and CV via Trade Me.