Harbour Sport’s ActivAsian project is looking for an enthusiastic Team Leader for our growing team. This is a great opportunity to be an integral part of an exciting, innovative, and rewarding project, as well as a team member in a Regional Sports Trust in Auckland.
Harbour Sport’s Vision is to have a community physically active for life. Our Purpose is to inspire, empower and strengthen the community through sport and physical activity.
The ActivAsian initiative has three key objectives:
- Improving sport and recreation opportunities for the Asian community
- Improving access to information about sport and recreational opportunities for the Asian community.
- Encouraging more Asian people to participate in sport and recreation
About the role:
The ActivAsian Lead’s key responsibility is to effectively lead and manage Harbour Sport’s ActivAsian team, its staff members and programmes. Key areas of responsibility include stakeholder relationship management, strategic leadership, project management, staff management and advocacy.
Reporting to the General Manager, this role will be predominantly based at Harbour Sport in Albany, but will require some travel within the Greater Auckland region.
A suitable candidate will have the following:
- Holds a relevant tertiary qualification or has relevant experience in the Sport & Recreation sector or Community Engagement
- Holds a current full drivers’ licence
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Experience in community development, project management, working with not-for-profit community organisations, working with Asian and other ethnic populations
- High level of understanding, empathy and appreciation of the Asian, new migrant, ethnic community, with a focus on their motivations, needs, values and attitudes towards sport and recreation
- Effective relationship development and management skills
- Experience in leadership, demonstrating the ability to interact with the leaders of schools and sports organisations to influence change
- Experience in strategic planning and implementation of strategies
- Experience in delivering presentations or workshops to groups
- Experience in budget management and fundraising/procurement
- Ability to facilitate/influence change
- Computer literate and systems orientated (Microsoft Office, email, database, contemporary communication tools, social media).
- Good team work ethic and capable of working independently
- Passionate about diversity and inclusion in sport and recreation
- Highly motivated and committed to delivering initiatives to a high standard
- Highly organised with effective time management skills and can work fixed and flexible hours (including evening and weekend work if required)
- Strong interpersonal skills and culturally aware, capable
- An enthusiasm for sport and recreation
- Awareness of sport and community organisations and Asian community groups on the North Shore
- Commitment to on-going training and professional development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable speaking in front of large groups and facilitating/delivering workshops
- Analytical and written skills, including research and writing of proposals and reports
- Fluent in English. Ability to speak an Asian language is an advantage
Salary, company car.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV via SEEK
Applications close on Wednesday 29th August, 4:00pm.