Harbour Sport is seeking an energetic and organised individual to join our Community Strength and Balance team. This position will focus on West Auckland and also manage the administration aspect of the initiative.
This initiative is delivered in collaboration with ACC, Waitemata and Auckland District Health Boards, who together with local health and community partners, have committed to work to reduce injuries from falls for older people.
The primary objective of this work is increasing the capacity and capability of Community Strength and Balance classes for older adults who are at risk of falling. Key aspects of the role include:
- Assessing community exercise classes for suitability to improve strength and balance in older adults
- Providing support and training to community exercise class providers to meet a Technical Advisory Group criteria for Community Strength and Balance classes
- Identify new Community Strength and Balance classes in targeted geographical areas or for high needs populations
- On-going monitoring and evaluation of classes and programmes including regular reporting
- Promotion of Community Strength and Balance classes throughout community networks
- Manage the administration of the initiative which includes data entry and communicating with Health Professionals and referred patients.
Harbour Sport is looking for an individual who has a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the fitness industry or a related field with an excellent understanding of older people and their needs. You will need excellent relationship management skills coupled with the ability to engage and influence a diverse range of people and organisations. These include external stakeholder organisations such as community exercise providers, retirement villages, health organisations, community groups and older adults in community settings. Ideally, you will have experience working with or connection to Māori and/or Pacific communities in the Waitemata District Health Board area.
The Community Strength and Balance Trainer/Administrator needs to be proactive and results driven without compromising on quality. A thorough understanding of health and safety is also important. You will be comfortable presenting to groups, training others and providing feedback. Sound computer skills including excel are required as well as superior spoken English.
If you are a committed individual with strong values and a focus on community health and well-being for older people then this role is for you.
Applications close Friday 28th February 2020 at 5pm
Apply with your cover letter and CV via SEEK
Harbour Sport is committed to Integrity, Leadership, Passion and He Tangata and is a value-based organisation committed to ‘a community physically active for life’