Harbour Sport is seeking an energetic and organised individual to join our Community Strength and Balance team. This position will cover the Waitemata District Health Board area, with a focus on North Harbour.
This new service is delivered in collaboration with ACC, Waitemata and Auckland District Health Boards who together with local health and community partners, have committed to work to reduce injuries from falls for older people.
The primary objective of this work is increasing the capacity and capability of community group strength and balance programmes for older adults who are at risk of falling. Key aspects of the role include:
- Assessing community exercise classes for suitability to improve strength and balance in older adults
- Providing support and training to community exercise class providers to meet ACC’s 9 Strength and Balance criteria for classes
- Initiate and establish Strength and Balance classes in targeted geographical areas or for high needs populations prioritising Maori and Pacific communities.
- On-going monitoring and evaluation of classes and programmes including regular reporting
- Promotion of Strength and Balance classes to GPs and allied health professionals as well as throughout community networks.
Harbour Sport is looking for an individual who have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the fitness industry or a related field with group exercise and preferably train the trainer experience. You will need excellent relationship management skills coupled with the ability to engage and influence a diverse range of people and organisations. These include external stakeholder organisations (e.g. Auckland Council leisure facilities, retirement villages and health organisations), community groups and older adults in community settings. Ideally you will have experience working with or connection to Māori or Pacific communities in Waitemata District Health Board area.
The Community Strength and Balance Trainer needs to be proactive and results driven without compromising on quality. A thorough understanding of health and safety is also important. You will be comfortable presenting to groups, training others and providing feedback. Sound computer skills including excel are required as well as superior spoken English.
If you are a committed individual with strong values and a focus on community health and well-being for older people then this role is for you.
This package includes a salary and vehicle.
Closing date: Friday 24 November 2017 at 5pm – Apply via SEEK
Harbour Sport is committed to Integrity, Leadership, Passion and He Tangata and is a value based organisation committed to ‘a community physically active for life’