Touch NZ is made up of 15 staff, 19 active Provincial Associations and around 230 affiliated and registered Touch modules that provide the sport across New Zealand. Our mission is “making a positive difference through Touch”, and our vision is to be “the sport in every community”. As such, Touch NZ has adopted social responsibility as a core value and driver for the organisation.
We have an exciting opportunity for a people focused manager to join our organisation in the role of GM Sport Operations. This full time role is based in our Auckland office, situated at the Trust Stadium in Henderson, with some nationwide and international travel required at times.
Reporting to the CEO, with 4 direct and 10 indirect reports, the key responsibilities of this role are two-fold:
- Collaborative management and development of people (staff and volunteers), and
- Enabling growth of the sport of Touch.
This role needs a real people-person, who’s an excellent communicator, has empathy and can relate to and work with the diverse range of people who are involved with our sport. Such skills will be key to developing a collaborative, connected, and aligned Sport Operations team and achieving growth of the sport of Touch across New Zealand through the various delivery channels. Enabling growth will involve elements of strategy, research, analytics and insights, so a numerical aptitude and ability to produce high quality written reports are essential. Given the need for consultation, and the ability to gain buy in from our stakeholders, we’re also looking for a “doer” who is keen to get stuck in and get out amongst it all.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- Proven staff management and development skills
- Proven volunteer management and development skills
- Excellent Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills (and the ability to present to groups)
- An appreciation of our sport and/or understanding of how Touch modules and Touch Provincial Associations operate would be an advantage
To apply, please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com by midnight Sunday, 25 March 2018. For more information or for a copy of the position description please email or call Natalie on 021 116 0244.