Tennis Northern (TNR) is a regional sports body, supporting and organising tennis within its boundaries. It manages Albany Tennis Park and Forrest Hill Tennis Centre. It is also home to the New Zealand Championships and a number of other prestigious events.
We have an exciting opportunity for a well-rounded, people-focussed manager to join the organisation as General Manager. This is a full-time role based in the Albany Tennis Park office and reporting to the TNR Board.
This role will encompass two major functions:
- Management and development of both staff and volunteers
- Enabling the growth of tennis by implementing strategies and programmes that enable TNR to achieve its vision
This role needs a real people-person who can roll up their sleeves and pitch in when necessary, clearly communicate and manage and work with a diverse range of people. Your focus will also be
on ensuring the growth of tennis across the region through various delivery channels and by developing and implementing strategies, whilst fostering alliances with new and existing partners.
This will involve elements of strategy, research, analytics so a financial aptitude is essential as is the ability to produce well-written reports.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Experience in mid to senior level management within a sporting or community-based environment
- Appreciation and understanding of how tennis is structured in New Zealand and the role of regional tennis bodies
- Strong understanding of financial reporting and budgeting processes
- Ability to network effectively and influence buy-in from potential partnerships
- Good organisational skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of professionals and volunteers
If this sounds like you then apply with a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 13 April 2018. If you require further information and/or a copy of the role description, please email
Please note that only applicants who have the right to live or work in New Zealand will be considered.