Harbour Sport’s vision is a community physically active for life. Our purpose is to inspire, empower and strengthen the community through sport and physical activity. Harbour Sport supports community development for healthy lifestyles, sport and recreation and strives to influence more people to participate in sport and physical activity.
Harbour Sport is seeking a motivated, energetic and organised individual to join the Active for Life team. Responsible for delivery of the Green Prescription programme and to work closely with the team to provide administrative support including data entry and contacting clients by phone.
- Provide support to Green Prescription (GRx) patients, with a focus on Māori and Pacific, to implement healthy lifestyle changes through face to face consultations, phone support, workshops and GRx community activities
- Contact patients referred to the GRx programme within one week of receiving the referral script and provide goal setting and appropriate individualised physical activity and sport and recreation recommendations and motivation.
- Follow up GRx patients regularly over 3-4 months by phone, email, or face to face to support and assist with their physical activity/sport and recreation or engage them in a face to face exercise programme
- Facilitate and deliver workshop education to facilitate healthy lifestyles
- Communicate successes of the programme to stakeholders via case studies, e-cards, reports or articles.
- Be prepared to work flexible hours, including evening and weekend work.
- Enter Green Prescription, Active Families or Community Strength and Balance referral information for each client into the database and excel spreadsheet
- Contact referrers to confirm or request client details
- Forward referrals to other Green Prescription and Active Families providers or In-Home Strength and Balance contract holders where required
- Post/email GRx discharge letters to referrers regularly
- File referrals received appropriately in the secure storage system provided by Harbour Sport
- General administrative duties
- Contact clients referred to the Green Prescription and Active Families programmes
- Book clients in for a face-to-face consultation or phone call with a GRx Healthy Lifestyle Advisor, explaining the service if needed
- Report monthly to the GRx and Active Families Manager on Green Prescription achievements via GRx discharge meetings
- Accurately maintain client records using the relevant database and maintain an appropriate hard copy filing system
- Maintain an extremely high level of client confidentiality
- In data entry
- Call Centre experience is desirable
- Office/Administrative experience
- In the Health sector is a bonus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Excellent phone manner with the ability to build rapport quickly over the phone with a diverse range of people, including those of different ethnicities and age ranges
- IT skills (Word, Excel, Internet, Database)
- High accuracy and speed with data entry (typing speed 45 – 50 wpm)
- High attention to detail
- Understanding of different cultures and needs in relation to physical activity
- Empathy for the needs of inactive people and the needs of older adults
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
If you are a committed individual with strong values and a focus on community health and well-being, then this role is for you.
Applications Close 5pm on 14th February 2020
Apply with a Cover letter and CV via SEEK
Harbour Sport is committed to Integrity, Leadership, Passion and He Tangata and is a value-based organisation committed to ‘a community physically active for life’