Harbour Sport’s vision is a community physically active for life. Our purpose is to inspire, empower and strengthen the community through sport and physical activity. Harbour Sport supports community development for healthy lifestyles, sport and recreation and strives to influence more people to participate in sport and physical activity.
Harbour Sport is seeking a motivated, enthusiastic individual to support our Healthy Lifestyles staff working in the Green Prescription (GRx), Active Families and Community Strength and Balance programmes. This role works closely with the teams to provide administrative support including data entry and contacting clients by phone.
- Enter Green Prescription, Active Families or Community Strength and Balance referral information for each client into the database and excel spreadsheet
- Contact referrers to confirm or request client details
- Forward referrals to other Green Prescription and Active Families providers or In-Home Strength and Balance contract holders where required
- Post/email GRx discharge letters to referrers regularly
- File referrals received appropriately in the secure storage system provided by Harbour Sport
- General administrative duties
- Contact clients referred to the Green Prescription and Active Families programmes
- Book clients in for a face-to-face consultation or phone call with a GRx Healthy Lifestyle Advisor, explaining the service if needed
- Contact clients referred to the Community Strength and Balance programme
- Recommend appropriate Community Strength and Balance approved classes to clients
- Report monthly to the GRx and Active Families Manager on Green Prescription achievements via GRx discharge meetings
- Accurately maintain client records using the relevant database and maintain an appropriate hard-copy filing system
- Maintain an extremely high level of client confidentiality
- In data entry
- Call Centre experience is desirable
- Office/Administrative experience
- In the Health sector is a bonus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Excellent phone manner with the ability to build rapport quickly over the phone with a diverse range of people, including those of different ethnicities and age ranges
- IT skills (Word, Excel, Internet, Database)
- High accuracy and speed with data entry (typing speed 45 – 50 wpm)
- High attention to detail
- Understanding of different cultures and needs in relation to physical activity
- Empathy for the needs of inactive people and the needs of older adults
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
If you are a committed individual with strong values and a focus on community health and wellbeing then this role is for you.
Applications Close Friday 6th April 2018, at 5pm – Please apply via Seek
Harbour Sport is a values-based organisation committed to Integrity, Leadership, Passion and He Tangata.