Golden Oldies are on the lookout for a Sales Person to assist in selling participation, merchandise and pre and post tours for the April 2018 Christchurch Festival month.
To start asap and contract to extend to 28 February 2018 (with possible extension to early May allowing for applicant to be part of the management team at the Festivals.
Hours to be 9.00am to 2.30pm with an additional 2 hours either at the office or at home – total 7 and a half hours per day including half an hour for lunch.
Tasks to include:
- Selling of participation in a wide range of Golden Oldies Sports festivals to take place in April 2018 including telemarketing (approximately 3.5 to 4 hours per day) following up established leads.
- Provide collateral and promotional material to leads as required.
- Assisting with establishment of leads reports and with arranging of reacting to the leads provided.
- Assisting with the management of a basic CRM system.
- Assisting with planning of sales programmes.
- Assisting with organising and coordinating field visits and external displays.
- General assistance within the Marketing and Communications Department.
Requirements of the role:
- Experience in sales and sales management.
- Confident telephone manner.
- Good presentation skills.
- Good communications skills.
- Mature individual with an ability to develop empathy with our target market.
- An interest in and passion for sports (particularly team sports)
- Ability to work ín a strong team environment.
- Self-starter able to work without supervision if necessary.
- Able to work under pressure when it arises.
- Sense of urgency when required.
- Structured, organised
- Positive enthusiastic attitude
Remuneration and Rewards:
- Retainer and outcomes (sales) incentive
The office is currently in Takapuna and planning to move to Orewa later in the year.
The position does not involve cold calling by telephone.
A good chance for someone to join the team and enjoy the challenge and involvement associated with the Golden Oldies Festival Month in Christchurch. For the right person there may well be option to continue with the company after the April 2018 Festivals as we are looking at a very strong future program.
VSL | Director
ph: +64 9 486 1644