Salary Range: $60K-70K. (Experience dependent)
Reporting to: General Manager
Role duration: 10-11 months each year, ongoing
Rainbow Sports Club is seeking a Ski Area Manager to actively manage and coordinate the Rainbow Ski Area including all aspects of on-mountain operations, maintenance and infrastructure. Could this be your time to take on a leading role at Rainbow Ski Area, which will be both rewarding and challenging?
Located in Rainbow Valley, near St Arnaud Nelson Lakes, Rainbow Ski Area is a club owned & operated ski field operating on a commercial basis, with a team of approximately forty seasonal staff. You will be responsible for pre-season field preparation and in-season operations for the 2018 & subsequent seasons.
This is a multi-facetted role ideally suited to an individual with five or more years’ management or supervisory experience in a broad range of ski field operational areas. You will be people focused and operational minded, and know how to roll up your sleeves to get the job done. You need to be a team player and natural leader.
Your previous ski industry experience will be vast and wide including experience from ski lift infrastructure, access roads, snowmaking, customer service and everything in between (please refer to supporting documents for further info). A comprehensive understanding of relevant industry codes of practice and standards is essential.
Your primary focus will be on the safe and successful running of the Rainbow Ski Area. We are looking to maximize the resources by ensuring the lifts and facilities open early and stay functioning throughout the season.
In addition to the above requirements we are looking for the following attributes for this role:
· A demonstrated passion for the ski industry,
· A person equally at home on the front line and in the back office,
· Self-motivation, work ethic, and organisational skills,
· A current full NZ driver’s license including wheels, rollers and tracks endorsement
· An ability to work & lead teams under pressure when the need arises,
· Experience in managing small teams of professional staff, contractors and volunteers to achieve outstanding results,
· Familiarity with Rainbow’s infrastructure and operating conditions is preferred but not essential,
· The ability to live up the mountain during the season (accommodation provided)
· Integrity, professionalism and a sense of humour!
Applications are now open for this exciting and interesting position in beautiful Nelson Lakes.
Please read the full role description and responsibilities before applying. Email your CV with a recent photograph and covering letter to: Lesley.M@sporttasman.org.nz
Applications close 28th Feb 2018