Birkenhead College is seeking a motivated and passionate person to assist with the organisation and administration of all sports, please state your sports of strength.
As Sports Assistant, you will help strengthen and increase the opportunities for our students to participate in a wide range of sports. This involves management of registrations, trials, events and tournaments and acting as the point of contact for players, parents, coaches and sporting bodies. This role is varied and you will need to:
- be committed to open and effective communication
- have a passion for sport and knowledge of a range of sporting codes
- have some previous experience in sports administration, organisation or development
- be enthusiastic about working with teenage sports leaders
- take responsibility for tasks and work well in a small team
- ideally have a background in sport as a player, coach or administrator
- have strong organisational and administration skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills
- be IT literate and social media savvy
- be available to work Saturday mornings, and flexible hours during the week (ideally Mondays and Fridays)
The role starts in Term 1 next year and is fixed term for 2018.
Apply in writing with a covering letter and short CV plus the contact details of two professional referees to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 20th November.