The purpose is to grow and enhance existing programs for female athletes, coaches & officials in the sport of basketball.
Reporting to the CEO, this is a full-time position based at the Harbour Basketball Offices, Silverdale lane, Glenfield
- Lead the implementation and delivery of Women’s Basketball Development across the region, in particular in the school environment.
- Increase the number of females playing the game of basketball at multiple levels.
- Improving the basics skill level, knowledge and fitness for all participants of all ages and abilities including; Primary, Intermediate, Secondary School and Representative.
- Increase the number of female coaches at the Primary & Intermediate school levels.
- Create a culture of fellowship in the coaching system that supports and encourages the development of both players and coaches.
- Provide open sessions for players and coaches to attend, sharing North Harbour principles and style of play.
- Liaise with NHBA Referee Development Officer with respect to increasing the number of female referees and encouraging a style of play that reinforces the objective of increased participation.
- Being a visible presence at basketball events and of all ages and skill levels from primary to WBC.
- Initiate a Breeze Academy, and camps.
- In conjunction with the North Harbour Basketball Association (NHBA), raise the profile of Women’s basketball in the greater North Harbour and Hibiscus Coast region and provide development pathways for their HP (High Performance) athletes.
- Liaison with Basketball New Zealand High Performance Director.
- Work with the NHBA Women’s Basketball committee to discuss and execute a plan of action for the following; High School Basketball, Club Basketball, Representative Basketball, and the Harbour Breeze.
- Recruit and engage local business, media and the general public in Women’s basketball with more community events, school events and sessions, linking with other sports via Sport North Harbour.
- Working with the NHBA CEO, produce an annual work plan and budget.
Applications close on Friday 16th March at 5 pm
Applicants to send their CV to John Hunt at firstname.lastname@example.org