Sport Whanganui has an exciting new opportunity for an enthusiastic professional to join the Sport Whanganui Young People Team. The objective of the Young People Advisor is to increase the number of young people participating in organised sport and events.
To achieve this the Young People Advisor will be required to:
- Coordinate and deliver development opportunities to providers of sport and recreation.
- Support Early Childhood and Primary School providers to increase and improve physical literacy outcomes.
- Work with young people in the community to improve opportunities and experiences in sport and recreation.
- Support and develop new and existing programmes and events for young people.
- Lead and advocate collaboration between schools, sports clubs and other providers.
This is a full time position, and applicants will ideally have a tertiary qualification and/or experience in education or sport management.
Applications close: 5pm Friday 23rd February 2018
To apply:- Download an Application Form and Job Description from our website www.sportwhanganui.co.nz
Attach the completed Application Form, along with your CV & covering letter and send to: Sport Whanganui, Business Manager, Karen Bukholt, PO Box 516, Wanganui or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org