Protecting our future athletes
Axis Sports Medicine Specialists are supporting NZ Football and ACC discussing a big issue in sports injury prevention – Protecting our Future Athletes.
Learn from internationally renowned experts and NZ’s leading Sport and Exercise Medicine physicians about the current gold standards in youth injury prevention that have proven results.
Click here to register.
Saturday 25 February 2017
08:45 – 17:00 (Registration desk opens 08:00).
University of Auckland Business School,
Owen G Glenn Building,
12 Grafton Road,
Full programme available soon.
- Youth Injury Prevention Programmes
- Athlete loading
Key Note Speakers
- Professor Jiri Dvorak – Former Chief Medical Officer FIFA & Chairman F-MARC
- Professor Caroline Finch – Principal Research Fellow and Director of the Australian Centre for Research into Injury in Sport and its Prevention (ACRISP). Regarded as one of the 10 most highly published injury researchers of all time and in the top three most influential sports medicine researchers internationally.
- Ms Sharon Kearney – Former Silver Ferns Physiotherapist and Netball New Zealand Injury Prevention Consultant
- Fiona Mather – HPSNZ Lead Physiotherapist
- Mr Stuart Walsh – Paedeatric Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Mr Jeremy Stanley – Paedeatric Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Leading NZ Sport and Exercise Medicine physicians
Registrations open 1 November – 19 February.
Early Bird (until 31 January)
Standard (1 February – 19 February)