Basketball New Zealand (BBNZ) is the national body for the rapidly growing sport of basketball in Aotearoa. Our role is to develop, grow and promote basketball and participants of the game.
The role will primarily provide effective and efficient administration and operational support related to the delivery of Basketball New Zealand Events programme. This role is one of three positions that sits within the Events Team. The Events Team delivers tournaments, leagues, 3X3 programmes and international and domestic events. This includes but is not limited to the BBNZ Annual Awards, FIBA sanctioned, and non-FIBA sanctioned international events. This is a full time position based in Wellington.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with the creation of the Events Team calendar
- Delivering Event logistics
- Production and distribution of Event entry criteria
- Preparation and distribution of fair and equitable draws
- Arranging travel, accommodation and liaising with suppliers for Event resources, all within the confines of an approved budget
- Attending agreed Events and deliver on the ground support and management
- Using the approved online databases and competition management systems for all Events
- Familiarising yourself with the Basketball New Zealand Regulations
- Keeping the Events section of the website updated
- Survey creation, distribution, and collation post events
- First point of call for all Event inquiries
Applications close at 5.00pm 23rd January 2024