More Kids | More Opportunities | Better Skills
ALL OF OUR KIWISPORT HAS BEEN ALLOCATED.
What is KiwiSport
KiwiSport is a national initiative that aims to get more school-aged children playing organised sport. It is funding that Harbour Sport manages on behalf of the community to schools for Year 1-8 students and Year 9-13 students. The three main objectives are:
- More Kids: increase the number of
school agedchildren playing organised sport
- More opportunities: Increase the availability and accessibility of sport for
- Better Skills: Support children in developing skills that will allow them to participate effectively in sport throughout school and beyond.
Harbour Sport manages the KiwiSport fund on behalf of the North Harbour community and breaks the contestable funding down into two main streams:
- Local Community Fund (Projects up to $30,000 per annum)
FastFund (Projects up to $5,000)
If you are a school, sports club, RSO, NSO, community provider or other eligible organisation, you may be able to apply for either of these funds to help make sport happen in your community. Download the KiwiSport Quick Guide
KiwiSport in Auckland
The 2015-18 KiwiSport investment plan for Auckland is a single Auckland Plan covering both regional and local KiwiSport investment processes.
Upon consultation with our community, an Auckland wide KiwiSport investment plan has been developed. This aligns the processes, timings and the names of the funds across Auckland, to make it easier for
KiwiSport in the Harbour Region
After consulting with the North Harbour community in March 2015, it is identified that our community priorities for KiwiSport are as follows:
- Recruitment and Development of skilled coaches, volunteers and teachers
- Creation of local competitions to address the issue of
time / cost/ travel
- Change perceptions around ability levels required to participate
- Development of social sport opportunities
All projects applying to KiwiSport through Harbour Sport are to meet KiwiSport objectives, as well as address the North Harbour community priorities.
How to Apply
ALL FASTFUND HAS BEEN FULLY ALLOCATED
Our Aim is to:
- increase the number of school-aged children participating in organised sport
- increase the availability and accessibility of sport opportunities for all school-aged children.
- support children to develop skills that enable them to participate confidently in sport.
Latest Resources and News
The Latest News
Richie Wong is a current athlete and coach at Olympic Weightlifting New Zealand and also runs his own gym at Functional Strength Olympic. In this conversation you’ll hear about Richie’s growth throughout his journey to where he is today, his passion for...
Angelina Lee-Hussien is currently the Football Ferns National Team Manager. In this conversation you’ll hear about Angelina’s journey to where she is today, past and current challenges she faces in the workspace and what some of her goals and aspirations...
Terence Ang is a former powerlifter and currently competes in body building. He is originally from Malaysia but grew up in Auckland! In this conversation you’ll hear about his love for the gym, how sport has influenced his personal growth and how he...