Active TeensProviding Health benefits, Discipline, Focus and a change in Attitude about Nutrition and Fitness Get In Touch
A Healthy Start for Teens from 12 to 18 years
is Active Teens?
Teens are unique in that they respond to a distinctly different type of motivation.
To achieve the best health and fitness outcomes Active Teens provides a greater focus on personal accountability to motivate teens in ways that are specific to them.
Active Teens includes boxing, weight training and cardio sessions supervised by our Healthy Lifestyle Advisor.
It provides not only health benefits but discipline, focus and a change in attitude about nutrition and fitness.
A booklet helps teens track nutrition and exercise achievements as well as providing a space for personal reflection in the
The Active Teens programme involves parents as it is essential that the whole family is involved in food choices, transportation and vital encouragement.
Where: Warkworth Fitness Centre, 25 Glenmore Drive, Warkworth
When: Exercise sessions Tuesday 3:45pm – 4:45pm
The programme runs for 10 weeks. These teens can expect to be put through their paces with a boot camp style workout each week.
- Aged ≥ 12 – 18 years.
- Geographical boundaries: North Shore, Rodney, Waitakere and Hibiscus Coast
Note: Teens must be available to attend activity sessions on Wednesdays
3:45pm– 4:45pm, Warkworth Fitness Centre (Rodney)
- Currently inactive (less than 5 hours per week)
- Have a stable medical/ mental condition that could benefit from
- Family is ready to make changes to their lifestyle and consents to being referred
- Referrals can be by self-referral (please contact Active Teens staff directly), your general practice team (doctor or practice nurse), or any other health professional.
Latest Resources and News
The Latest News
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.