Active for Life - Green PrescriptionBe Physically Active, as part of Your Health Management. The Smart and Cost-effective way to Help you stay Healthy.
Motivating Adults to Keep Healthy and Active
What is Active for Life – Green Prescription?
The Active for Life programme is a free 3-month health and wellness programme delivered by Harbour Sport. It aims to increase physical activity and improve the nutrition of adults aged 18 years and over. Healthy Lifestyle Advisors provide individuals with support and motivation to become independently active with the ultimate goal to improve health.
What does the service include?
- Face to Face healthy lifestyle consultations provided at Auckland Council Leisure Centres.
- West Wave Pool and Leisure Centre, Henderson
- Glenfield Pool and Leisure Centre
- Stanmore Bay Pool and Leisure Centre
- Albany Pool and Leisure Centre
- GRx exercise classes are available at local Auckland Council Leisure Centre’s at a discounted rate while on the programme
- Goal setting and nutrition advice
- FREE Dietician consultations and nutrition seminars
- Facebook support and events
- Monthly follow-ups to support and motivate people to be independently active, eat healthily and live
WHAT’S HAPPENING IN YOUR AREA?
A Fantastic New Class and Activity Timetable for the Rodney, North Shore and West Auckland areas.
This will be updated regularly, so remember to check back again soon!
- Aged ≥ 18 years
- Geographical boundaries: North Shore, Rodney, Waitakere and Hibiscus Coast
- Currently inactive (less than 2.5 hours per week)
- Have a stable medical/ mental condition that could benefit from regular physical activity.
- Are at risk of developing a medical condition due to a sedentary lifestyle
- Ready to make changes to their lifestyle and consents to being referred
Referrals can be by the general practice team (doctor or practice nurse), or any other health professional.
- Encouraging sedentary adults to become independently active
- Supporting improvements in nutrition
- Promoting healthier lifestyle choices for adults in Waitakere, North Shore and Rodney regions
- Albany Activity Brochure
- Birkenhead & Beach Haven Activity Brochure
- Devonport & Belmont Activity Brochure
- East Coast Bays Activity Brochure
- Glenfield Activity Brochure
- Kumeu & Helensville Activity Brochure
- Mahurangi Activity Brochure
- Northcote Activity Brochure
- Orewa, Silverdale & Waitoki Activity Brochure
- Takapuna, Sunnynook & Milford Activity Brochure
- Whangaparaoa Activity Brochure
- Wellsford Activity Brochure
- Walking Areas
- Seniors Brochure
Latest Resources and News
The Latest News
Kaipatiki Local Grants Programme 2016/2017 Our Local Grants Programme aims to provide contestable and discretionary community grants to local communities. Outcomes Our grants programme will be targeted towards supporting the following outcomes, as outlined in our...read more
Health Minister Jonathan Coleman says more adults and their families are benefiting from medication-free healthy lifestyle prescriptions. “The Government is committed to supporting New Zealanders to live healthier more active lives away from hospitals,” says Dr...read more
The Hand Up Fund has been created by Harbour Sport as a result of an initial partnership set up with Rotary Browns Bay. Hand Up is aimed at supporting elite junior athletes that will benefit the most from a small financial hand up and support them on their pathway to...read more
“Understanding funding and the New Financial Reporting Standards for Charities” Foundation North is hosting a seminar presenting funding opportunities for community organisations and projects, with guest speakers from RSM NZ and Charities Services Department of...read more
With 17 years of experience in developing Sports specific class programmes to improve the performance of both individual athletes and teams, our programmes have proven to be successful with professional sportsmen and women. In the past we have worked with All Blacks,...read more
Healthy living is all about choices, some big ones and lots of little ones. There's heaps you can do to keep yourself healthy Heart Foundation Recipesread more
Discover healthy recipes and articles Free recipes and adviceread more
The New Zealand Heart Foundation is advising Kiwis to continue using unsaturated plant oils rather than switching to coconut oil as their main cooking oil. Coconut oil has recently gained popularity as a result of heavy marketing in both the US and Australasia. There...read more