Green PrescriptionBe Physically Active, as part of Your Health Management. The Smart and Cost-effective way to Help you stay Healthy. Get In Touch
Green Prescription Manager - 027 495 1906
Motivating Adults to Keep Healthy and Active
What is Green Prescription?
Green Prescription is a nationwide programme that motivates sedentary adults to become active. Patients that would benefit from an exercise programme are referred to us by doctors practice nurses, physiotherapists and nutritionists/dietitians.
You can now also self-refer, we will still need your doctor or nurse to sign off.
GRx offers 3-4 months of phone support to assist with your motivation and provides all the information needed to lead an independently active lifestyle.
FREE and Subsidised on Green Prescription (GRx)
- Free Consultations and $5 Exercise Classes 3 days a week at Glenfield Leisure Centre
- Free Consultations and $5 ‘Wellbeing Wednesday’ and ‘Super Saturdays’ Exercise Programmes at Stanmore Bay Leisure Centre
- Free group dietician workshops for ALL Green Prescription clients! Come and join us every month at Stanmore Bay Leisure Centre. See flyer for further details.
What’s Happening in Your Area
- Aged ≥ 18 years
- Geographical boundaries: North Shore, Rodney and Hibiscus Coast
- Currently inactive (less than 2.5 hours per week)
- Have a stable medical/ mental condition that could benefit from regular physical activity.
- Are at risk of developing a medical condition due to a sedentary lifestyle
- Ready to make changes to their lifestyle and consents to being referred
Referrals can be by the general practice team (doctor or practice nurse), or any other health professional.
The goals and objectives of Green Prescription are:
- Encouraging sedentary adults to become independently active
- Promoting sport and recreation as a healthy lifestyle choice
- Promoting healthier lifestyle choices for adults in the North Shore and Rodney regions
Please note: we try to update these Activity Area Brochures regularly however some classes may have changed.
- Albany Activity Brochure
- Birkenhead & Beach Haven Activity Brochure
- Devonport & Belmont Activity Brochure
- East Coast Bays Activity Brochure
- Glenfield Activity Brochure
- Kumeu & Helensville Activity Brochure
- Mahurangi Activity Brochure
- Northcote Activity Brochure
- Orewa, Silverdale & Waitoki Activity Brochure
- Takapuna, Sunnynook & Milford Activity Brochure
- Whangaparaoa Activity Brochure
- Wellsford Activity Brochure
- Walking Areas
- Seniors Brochure
Latest Resources and News
The Latest News
Harbour Sport supports community development for sport and healthy lifestyles and strives to influence more people to participate in sport and physical activity. Our strategic focus is young people and targeted populations including Maori, Pasifika and East Asian....read more
Register now for the Certificate of Proficiency in Pacific Nutrition. This evening course is held at Heart Foundation building, Ellerslie,...read more
In Round 2, the Harbour Sport Active Teens Programme, was delivered to 13 Teenagers. Our Tuesday night sessions, held at the Warkworth Fitness Centre, combined game based physical activities, box fit and spin class exercise sessions with informative nutrition...read more
A HUGE thank you to everyone who took part in Shore to Shore! We hope you had a much fun as we did! Times for timed runners are now ready Go into one...read more
Kaipatiki Local Grants Programme 2016/2017 Our Local Grants Programme aims to provide contestable and discretionary community grants to local communities. Outcomes Our grants programme will be targeted towards supporting the following outcomes, as outlined in our...read more
Health Minister Jonathan Coleman says more adults and their families are benefiting from medication-free healthy lifestyle prescriptions. “The Government is committed to supporting New Zealanders to live healthier more active lives away from hospitals,” says Dr...read more
The Hand Up Fund has been created by Harbour Sport as a result of an initial partnership set up with Rotary Browns Bay. Hand Up is aimed at supporting elite junior athletes that will benefit the most from a small financial hand up and support them on their pathway to...read more
“Understanding funding and the New Financial Reporting Standards for Charities” Foundation North is hosting a seminar presenting funding opportunities for community organisations and projects, with guest speakers from RSM NZ and Charities Services Department of...read more
If you, or anyone you know, has ANY usable bikes that you want to get rid of, then contact us NOW on 027 225 9687. Take a look at our flyer for where the bikes will be going, and for any more...read more
With 17 years of experience in developing Sports specific class programmes to improve the performance of both individual athletes and teams, our programmes have proven to be successful with professional sportsmen and women. In the past we have worked with All Blacks,...read more