Green PrescriptionBe Physically Active, as part of Your Health Management. The Smart and Cost-effective way to Help you stay Healthy. Get In Touch
Green Prescription Manager - 027 495 1906
Motivating Adults to Keep Healthy and Active
What is Green Prescription?
Green Prescription is a nationwide programme that motivates sedentary adults to become active. Patients that would benefit from an exercise programme are referred to us by doctors practice nurses, physiotherapists and nutritionists/dietitians.
You can now also self-refer, we will still need your doctor or nurse to sign off.
GRx offers 3-4 months of phone support to assist with your motivation and provides all the information needed to lead an independently active lifestyle.
FREE and Subsidised on Green Prescription (GRx)
- Free Consultations and $5 Exercise Classes 3 days a week at Glenfield Leisure Centre
- Free Consultations and $5 ‘Wellbeing Wednesday’ and ‘Super Saturdays’ Exercise Programmes at Stanmore Bay Leisure Centre
- Free group dietician workshops for ALL Green Prescription clients! Come and join us every month at Stanmore Bay Leisure Centre. See flyer for further details.
What’s Happening in Your Area
- Aged ≥ 18 years
- Geographical boundaries: North Shore, Rodney and Hibiscus Coast
- Currently inactive (less than 2.5 hours per week)
- Have a stable medical/ mental condition that could benefit from regular physical activity.
- Are at risk of developing a medical condition due to a sedentary lifestyle
- Ready to make changes to their lifestyle and consents to being referred
Referrals can be by the general practice team (doctor or practice nurse), or any other health professional.
The goals and objectives of Green Prescription are:
- Encouraging sedentary adults to become independently active
- Promoting sport and recreation as a healthy lifestyle choice
- Promoting healthier lifestyle choices for adults in the North Shore and Rodney regions
Please note: we try to update these Activity Area Brochures regularly however some classes may have changed.
- Albany Activity Brochure
- Birkenhead & Beach Haven Activity Brochure
- Devonport & Belmont Activity Brochure
- East Coast Bays Activity Brochure
- Glenfield Activity Brochure
- Kumeu & Helensville Activity Brochure
- Mahurangi Activity Brochure
- Northcote Activity Brochure
- Orewa, Silverdale & Waitoki Activity Brochure
- Takapuna, Sunnynook & Milford Activity Brochure
- Whangaparaoa Activity Brochure
- Wellsford Activity Brochure
- Walking Areas
- Seniors Brochure
Latest Resources and News
The Latest News
Millwater parkrun - Weekly Free 5km Timed Run What is Millwater parkrun? It is a 5km run - it's you against the clock. When is it? Every Saturday at 8:00am. Where is it? The event takes place at the Sports fields, Millwater Parkway, Silverdale, Auckland 0932. See...read more
Harbour Sport is seeking energetic and organised individuals to join our Community Strength and Balance team. These roles work across Waitemata and Auckland District Health Board with a focus on North Harbour and Central Auckland. This new service is delivered in...read more
Those who dare, will be tested on a muddy 2.5km Muddy obstacle course with a few messy surprises along the way. Imagine crawling in mud pits, slipping and sliding down muddy water slides, climbing over walls and Tyre Mountains, splashing through murky waters and of...read more
In the past couple of years, smart devices have improved almost every facet of our daily lives, from driving a car to stocking the fridge. Now, smart technology is revolutionising the world of health and fitness. Fitness trackers are one of the newest trends helping...read more
Harbour Sport supports community development for sport and healthy lifestyles and strives to influence more people to participate in sport and physical activity. Our strategic focus is young people, and targeted populations including Maori, Pasifika and East Asian....read more
Harbour Sport supports community development for sport and healthy lifestyles and strives to influence more people to participate in sport and physical activity. Our strategic focus is young people and targeted populations including Maori, Pasifika and East Asian....read more
Register now for the Certificate of Proficiency in Pacific Nutrition. This evening course is held at Heart Foundation building, Ellerslie,...read more
In Round 2, the Harbour Sport Active Teens Programme, was delivered to 13 Teenagers. Our Tuesday night sessions, held at the Warkworth Fitness Centre, combined game based physical activities, box fit and spin class exercise sessions with informative nutrition...read more
A HUGE thank you to everyone who took part in Shore to Shore! We hope you had a much fun as we did! Times for timed runners are now ready Go into one...read more
Kaipatiki Local Grants Programme 2016/2017 Our Local Grants Programme aims to provide contestable and discretionary community grants to local communities. Outcomes Our grants programme will be targeted towards supporting the following outcomes, as outlined in our...read more