Green PrescriptionBe Physically Active, as part of Your Health Management. The Smart and Cost-effective way to Help you stay Healthy.
Motivating Adults to Keep Healthy and Active
What is Green Prescription?
Green Prescription is a free 3-4 month health and wellness programme delivered by Harbour Sport. It aims to increase physical activity and improve
What does the service include?
- Face to face healthy lifestyle consultations provided at Auckland Council Leisure Centres and a medical centre:
- West Wave Pool and Leisure Centre, Henderson
- Glenfield Pool and Leisure Centre
- Stanmore Bay Pool and Leisure Centre
- Albany Pool and Leisure Centre
- Birkenhead Pool and Leisure Centre
- Birkdale Family Doctors, Birkdale
- GRx exercise classes are available at local Auckland Council Leisure Centre’s at a discounted rate while on programme plus community options
- Goal setting and nutrition advice
- FREE Dietician consultations and nutrition workshops
follow upsto support and motivate people to be independently active, eat healthy and live healthier lifestyles.
What’s Happening in Your Area
** NEW – Green Prescription @ West Wave
- Aged ≥ 18 years
- Geographical boundaries: North Shore, Rodney, Waitakere and Hibiscus Coast
- Currently inactive (less than 2.5 hours per week)
- Have a stable medical/ mental condition that could benefit from regular physical activity.
- Are at risk of developing a medical condition due to a sedentary lifestyle
- Ready to make changes to their lifestyle and consents to being referred
Referrals can be by the general practice team (doctor or practice nurse), or any other health professional.
The goals and objectives of Green Prescription are:
- Encouraging sedentary adults to become independently active
- Supporting improvements in nutrition
- Promoting healthier lifestyle choices for adults in Waitakere, North Shore and Rodney regions
Please note: we try to update these Activity Area Brochures regularly however some classes may have changed.
- Albany Activity Brochure
- Birkenhead & Beach Haven Activity Brochure
- Devonport & Belmont Activity Brochure
- East Coast Bays Activity Brochure
- Glenfield Activity Brochure
- Kumeu & Helensville Activity Brochure
- Mahurangi Activity Brochure
- Northcote Activity Brochure
- Orewa, Silverdale & Waitoki Activity Brochure
- Takapuna, Sunnynook & Milford Activity Brochure
- Whangaparaoa Activity Brochure
- Wellsford Activity Brochure
- Walking Areas
- Seniors Brochure
Latest Resources and News
The Latest News
Harbour Sport’s vision is a community physically active for life. Our purpose is to inspire, empower and strengthen the community through sport and physical activity. Harbour Sport supports community development for healthy lifestyles, sport and recreation and strives...read more
North Harbour Gymnastics are very excited to announce the opening of their newest gymnastics satellite centre at the Glenfield Mall. The innovative move came about through conversations between the mall and NH Gymnastics management about the synergies between the two...read more
Fun school holiday event for those that haven’t quite mastered riding a bike AND for those who already know how to ride but want to improve their skills. These programmes are for ages 5 to 14 – even Mum’s and Dad’s can join in the fun. What will you learn? How to...read more
Long Term Plan Advocacy – A real danger of significant reductions in investment in the community sport, recreation and physical activity sector!
Harbour Sport continues to work collaboratively with Aktive regarding the gathering of insights in relation to the Long Term Plan and the real danger of significant reductions in investment for our sector moving forwards. Council has just released the Mayor’s 10 Year...read more
One of the five outcome areas in the New Zealand Migrant Settlement and Integration Strategy is "Inclusion: Migrants participate in and have a sense of belonging in their community and to New Zealand." This includes the success indicator: "Increased proportion of...read more
Our NiuMovement Pacific families programme has engaged with 53 participants to date. Equip’d Pacific teen girls programme has engaged with 80 Pacific female students across 4 schools. The July PolySports school holiday programmes engaged with a total of 58 kids over...read more
After a recent re-tender process Harbour Sport have been successful in securing the Green Prescription (GRx) contract for all of the Waitemata District Health Board area, with effect from 1st July 2017. We will be starting additional programmes at West Wave and Massey...read more
Millwater parkrun - Weekly Free 5km Timed Run What is Millwater parkrun? It is a 5km run - it's you against the clock. When is it? Every Saturday at 8:00am. Where is it? The event takes place at the Sports fields, Millwater Parkway, Silverdale, Auckland 0932. See...read more
Those who dare, will be tested on a muddy 2.5km Muddy obstacle course with a few messy surprises along the way. Imagine crawling in mud pits, slipping and sliding down muddy water slides, climbing over walls and Tyre Mountains, splashing through murky waters and of...read more