Green PrescriptionBe Physically Active, as part of Your Health Management. The Smart and Cost-effective way to Help you stay Healthy.
Motivating Adults to Keep Healthy and Active
What is Green Prescription?
Green Prescription is a free 3-4 month health and wellness programme delivered by Harbour Sport. It aims to increase physical activity and improve the nutrition of adults aged 18 years and over. Healthy Lifestyle Advisors provide individuals with support and motivation to become independently active with the ultimate goal to improve health.
What does the service include?
- Face to Face healthy lifestyle consultations provided at Auckland Council Leisure Centres and a medical centre:
- West Wave Pool and Leisure Centre, Henderson
- Glenfield Pool and Leisure Centre
- Stanmore Bay Pool and Leisure Centre
- Albany Pool and Leisure Centre
- GRx exercise classes are available at local Auckland Council Leisure Centre’s at a discounted rate while on the
- Goal setting and nutrition advice
- FREE Dietician consultations and nutrition workshops
- Monthly follow-ups to support and motivate people to be independently active, eat healthily and live healthier lifestyles.
What’s Happening in Your Area
- Aged ≥ 18 years
- Geographical boundaries: North Shore, Rodney, Waitakere and Hibiscus Coast
- Currently inactive (less than 2.5 hours per week)
- Have a stable medical/ mental condition that could benefit from regular physical activity.
- Are at risk of developing a medical condition due to a sedentary lifestyle
- Ready to make changes to their lifestyle and consents to being referred
Referrals can be by the general practice team (doctor or practice nurse), or any other health professional.
- Encouraging sedentary adults to become independently active
- Supporting improvements in nutrition
- Promoting healthier lifestyle choices for adults in Waitakere, North Shore and Rodney regions
- Albany Activity Brochure
- Birkenhead & Beach Haven Activity Brochure
- Devonport & Belmont Activity Brochure
- East Coast Bays Activity Brochure
- Glenfield Activity Brochure
- Kumeu & Helensville Activity Brochure
- Mahurangi Activity Brochure
- Northcote Activity Brochure
- Orewa, Silverdale & Waitoki Activity Brochure
- Takapuna, Sunnynook & Milford Activity Brochure
- Whangaparaoa Activity Brochure
- Wellsford Activity Brochure
- Walking Areas
- Seniors Brochure
Latest Resources and News
The Latest News
Don't miss tee off at Pupuke Golf Club! A great Dress Up, Team Building event in Ambrose format with a BBQ and post-event nibbles provided! Grab your boss, round up your colleagues and support your community! Teams of 4 @ $100 per person... if you're keen but don't...read more
Girls it’s time to celebrate how you love to get moving. Our friends at @heraeverydaygoddess want to see how you get your #HERAhustle on to go in to win a Samsung S9 – and other amazing spot prizes! TO ENTER follow HERA on Instagram and upload a picture of yourself...read more
Harbour Sport is a Regional Sports Trust inviting applications for vacancies on its Board of Trustees. We are currently experiencing a period of positive change and are looking for applicants who have, or wish to gain, governance experience and are passionate about...read more
Visit our...read more
ACC Minister Hon. Iain Lees-Galloway recently swapped his suit for shorts and a tee to join a ‘Live Stronger for Longer’ strength and balance class. These nationally available classes help us as we age to retain lower body and core strength to avoid falls and live...read more
Our NiuMovement Pacific families programme has engaged with 53 participants to date. Equip’d Pacific teen girls programme has engaged with 80 Pacific female students across 4 schools. The July PolySports school holiday programmes engaged with a total of 58 kids over...read more
Millwater parkrun - Weekly Free 5km Timed Run What is Millwater parkrun? It is a 5km run - it's you against the clock. When is it? Every Saturday at 8:00am. Where is it? The event takes place at the Sports fields, Millwater Parkway, Silverdale, Auckland 0932. See...read more
Register now for the Certificate of Proficiency in Pacific Nutrition. This evening course is held at Heart Foundation building, Ellerslie,...read more
In Round 2, the Harbour Sport Active Teens Programme, was delivered to 13 Teenagers. Our Tuesday night sessions, held at the Warkworth Fitness Centre, combined game based physical activities, box fit and spin class exercise sessions with informative nutrition...read more